MY GRANDPA THE BEST PAPA IN THE WHOLE WORLD







My relationship started with my grandad otherwise known as Papa on the very day I was offered to my parents for adoption. From that point on I became "There's Papa's girl" until the last he could talk, every single time he saw me he would say "There's Papa's Girl".


Papa and Mimi (Papa's companion) were at the hospital waiting for my parents who were right behind them, they had the movie camera rolling, my Papa and Mimi were the next persons to see me after my parents. I was in NICU for two months. Papa, like my parents, took a look at me and knew I was a fighter and I was going to be coming home. 



SO MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PAPA STARTED FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND CONTINUED TO BE STRONGLY AND BEAUTIFULLY EVEN PAST HIS DEATH IN 2010.



Papa loved me so much that he never missed any of my activities at school, or my Karate, or gymnastics, or band, horse ride or my equestrian competitions. Getting a boat for us named "There's Papa's Girl", absolute the best grandpa Papa in the world.




He tried to teach me my daily living things, he tried to teach me to REACH FOR THE STARS, just like the saying his and NeNe's (my grandmother if she had been alive) company. He taught me people comes first in my business and I come second, and it will come back to pay you 10 fold



He always said "a person’s word is their word. Nothing greater is that. Honesty is the only way to live otherwise you will always be looking over your shoulder, running or not liking who you are".



He was the kindest most loving grandpa anyone could have.




One of the neat memories I have with him is the day he took me out of school to go to his work to meet a real NASA Astronaut who came to give his company an award. 


When my Papa died in 2010, he requested a sunset burial, it was so beautiful during such a sad time. Ever since then sunsets have a very special meaning to me and every time I see one I think of MY PAPA.

Comments

Popular Posts